Manchester university sociology
Degree awarded BSocSc Duration 3 years Typical A-level offer
ABBTypical International Baccalaureate offer
32 points overall. 6, 5, 5 at Higher Level. No lower than 5 in English.Number of places/applicants
In 2015 there were 685 applications for 91 places for this degree.How to apply
- 91% of students on our BSocSc Sociology are satisfied with their course (National Student Survey 2016)
- Do you want to be part of one of the largest and most reputable groups of sociologists currently working in the UK?
- Would you like to develop the skills to analyse and interpret today's social developments and problems?
- Do you fancy learning research skills that will allow you to carry out your own sociological investigations?
- Would you like to study abroad for a semester in your second year?
- Take the right course units and you can apply for a paid summer internship through Manchester's Q-Step programme.
If you are made an offer we will email you an invitation to visit us late January, February or early March. These afternoons are organised by the School of Social Sciences and include a tour, a talk, refreshments and a chance to talk to students, lecturers and recruitment staff.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2017 will be £9, 250 per annum. Future inflationary increases will be applied to each subsequent year of the course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £17, 000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.